Good morning Pacific Union and Happy Thursday. Today is September 1st .
Do you like a game of strategy and skill? Then chess may be your thing! Chess is played the world over by young and old. Help celebrate the game of chess today, as it is American Chess Day!
On this Date in History:
Things To Remember For Students:
Remember to follow all instructions at lunch time.
- Students are excused by the adults at lunch time, not the bell. When eating at the tables, please wait for one of the adults in charge to excuse you. Once excused, please be safe and walk to the playground. This goes for ALL grade levels.
- If you’re having issues due to smoke, then please inform your teacher(s).
- Remember, the track is open during first recess. However, if you are not using the track, then you need to be elsewhere. Hanging out under the trees, or by the far fence is not permitted. You need to be somewhere an adult can see you. So, if you are using the track to walk or run, then that’s perfectly fine. If you are not, then please do not go in the track area.
Things To Remember For Parents:
- Thank you for joining us for Back to School night!
- Please be mindful of your speed in the parking lot. Yesterday we had some cars going too fast, and a few littles were not paying attention. Please, please, please, slow down.
- This is a 3-day weekend due to Monday being Labor Day. School resumes Tuesday, September 5th .
Let’s take the opportunity we’ve been given today to do something great! Be safe, be respectful, and be responsible.
Remember, you have the power to make it a great day or not…but the choice is yours.
Have a great 3-day weekend! We will see you all again on Tuesday September 5 th .